Thread: Probation

1. Thread Starter #1
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Probation

I've been registered since Aug and have enough posts to comply with the activation of my account, it even did two V's on both of them, yet the forum keeps begging me about it and I cannot post anywhere but this category.

P.S. The forum "complete the profile" can never be fulfilled, it says that I need to add a signature to complete the profile, yet, I don't have a permission to do so.

Sad that I cannot complain about this on the feed back board but only on this board, even tho I already had my introduction.

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,178 Posts
    If you do not know how vbulletin’s promotion system works, why are you using it? The promotion is cron based which means YOU need to log in and visit a few pages to activate the cron job which is processed every ten minutes. If you do not do this, you won’t be promoted.
    The Small Print
    Our staff assume members have read the rules and will not accept ignorance as an excuse for not following the them.
    The breaking of any rule WILL lead to you being warned or even banned without notice so don't risk it!

3. Thread Starter #3
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am not using it, neither do I have idea what you mean.

I randomly visit the forum to watch for mods and browse their sources for my forums.

Sounds like an event that is going on, really confusing as a regular user of this forum and gives that feel that forum is bugged, I've created two accounts in my pass time visiting these forums and turned off from using this forum every time because it never let me do anything.

It would be nice if this could somehow be changed and be more informative and friendly towards users.

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,178 Posts
    We resteict the use of a signature on “new” accounts that are in the probation period to stop people from adding their site link just for hits when bots crawl this site. You can complete your profile and the profile info box will disappear. There is a wealth of information on the board and everyone here is friendly so I son’t understand you last point.
    The Small Print
    Our staff assume members have read the rules and will not accept ignorance as an excuse for not following the them.
    The breaking of any rule WILL lead to you being warned or even banned without notice so don't risk it!

5. Thread Starter #5
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My last point was the hardness of understanding the software.

Friendly people can be found everywhere, but what is the point if one have to keep fighting the software to join the community?
    As the thread started, the software had told me I passed all the check marks yet, it didn't treat me as a normal/verified user.
    I did this back in August, yet, it since then didn't change.

Why the forum doesn't allow to post on other boards than the introduction? links can be disabled for unverified users.
    Why for each reply and thread, a moderator must approve?

I would like to take this post and mention as well that the expendable status on the posts, are rather annoying and uncomfortable. (as far as I know, these expendable tabs were always here, even few years ago)
    If there is an option to make them always displayed without the button to collapse/reveal, that would be great.

Stats on the posts always encourage active users to stay active to see how far they got til now.

EDIT: Made myself a script on Tampermonkey to change the looks of the forum, is there a board on this forum where I can share it with others?
    Last edited by Kaperstone; 17th Dec 2017 at 08:00.