Thread: Using Multiple Accounts

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 1,730 Times in 988 Posts

Exclamation Using Multiple Accounts

I would just like to clarify this. We do not like members have more than one account here. There should be no reason for having more than one. We have 2 systems in place that detect multiple accounts. They use more than just your current IP to detect if you have a second account and we get daily reports if there is a conflict between two accounts.

We set this forum up and maintain it to help out other vB uses. We get nothing in return except for donations made by members. Please help make our jobs here easier by not using a second account.

Rant over.

Regards
    The Small Print
    Our staff assume members have read the rules and will not accept ignorance as an excuse for not following the them.
    The breaking of any rule WILL lead to you being warned or even banned without notice so don't risk it!

vB Version
    3.8.x
    Liked 693 Times in 407 Posts
    Tempus, I totally agree! I really know how hard it is to usually have control over a forum with only its own users, and then suddenly those with 2 accounts are totally un-necessary in a forum! I find it as a disrespect to the community, and those using double accounts on any forum showes no respect and on the other hand it showes they are using the forum for their own good, without giving anything back! Everyone else who have had 1 account on here has been amazingly helpfull and they have all dedicated themselves to the community! I can mention a few..

I go all the way for this rule, and thanks for pointing it out!
    Last edited by Tempus; 30th Apr 2014 at 15:55. Reason: User Tagging was removed. Typing edit.
    Notice: Some of the Mods and Addons Published on vBMods are for Testing and Educational purposes only. We/vBMods are not the Developers of these Products.The Credits goes to the Original Developer. If you find it helpfull then feel free to Comment or Share the Link. Be also aware that some of the products may be a Trial Version. To support the Developers feel free to Purchase the Full Version. Thank you.

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
    Well I can think of one reason why some people may want to create more than one account = If they're banned. As they have nothing to lose and can only gain.
    I doubt they'd do anything to bring attention to themselves though, just use that second account to download.

This is just my 2 cents on the matter:

Most people who have joined this site do not contribute- only the minority contribute...
    Although I can understand why most people can't contribute, as they don't have a licence. Rarely can you leach new content from other non vbulletin.org websites now, since we have most of the mods on this website already.
    Well everybody can contribute via discussion but it's not as impactful (IMO on this website) as those who upload content.

Do I personally approve of double accounts?
    In most cases no. However, if somebody was banned unjustly, then I believe they should be allowed. Although this is completely subjective as to what is just and what isn't and everybody would have their own opinion, about a certain scenario. If you're on the receiving end of a ban, you're more likely to believe the ban is unjust.
    If all banned accounts could still download and view content, just not post, then I would not approve of double accounts in all scenarios.
    If a banned member wanted VIP by paying for a subscription, then they should be able to do so & be able to download VIP content too.
    Perhaps the banned user would also be allowed to post again, if they upgraded to make their account Super VIP.
    Last edited by mark640; 19th Aug 2015 at 21:36. Reason: I meant a BANNED member paying for a subscription to get VIP.

Banned
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 791 Times in 539 Posts
    Donating- Contributing has nothing to do with a VIP account...

We gladly accept your donations for the work we do... that has nothing to do with a premium account...

Although sometimes we do make exceptions to those that are helpful with posts and content we bump to premium...

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
    Only registered members can view quoted posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiNa View Post
    If you cant afford a VIP Membership then try to be a helpfull Member of our forums. At this time you only have 11 Posts and you havnt been much helpfull in the forums. If you continue to come and show your support by Posting new Threads, Such as new Themes, Addons and Plugins then maybe you will earn yourself a VIP Membership. vBulletin-Mods holds competitions once every Year or every 2nd year where we provide FREE VIP Memberships based on your Character, Posts and Help in the forums. Maybe you will Win a VIP Membreship. Just come online and start Posting new Threads and Help out other users. I am sure it will pay out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    We gladly accept your donations for the work we do... that has nothing to do with a premium account...
    My post above has been edited.
    I meant paying for a subscription, not donating for free. I mixed the terms up, because usually on many websites, they offer VIP if you donate.
    Thank you for pointing that out.
    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiNa View Post
    wolfie, Welcome on Board Wolfie and thank you for your contribution and support. Each Paid Membership is considered as a Donation. Thanks once again!
    The context of my post above was regarding banned members [who don't have duplicate accounts]:
    I see little reason why they'd donate, if they get nothing in return. Nor can they contribute or download/view
    Code:
    Only registered members can view code.
    posts when banned.
    Likewise, they can't pay for a VIP subscription either.
    Last edited by mark640; 19th Aug 2015 at 22:15. Reason: Added a quote from one of ChiNa's posts.

Banned
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 791 Times in 539 Posts
    Banned members are generally the duplicate Id's used. This usually happens whern a member forgets their password, they would rather register another account then contact us...

The system is automated to detect Ip's used by these members...

Although no matter what kind of forum offers free stuff (unlike VIP members) they still want more...

Contribute to the forum and I don't always mean money, share with us your knowledge, ideas and anything else you can offer to the forum community...

Thanks
    -ZOMBIE

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 1,730 Times in 988 Posts
    Update
    All users found to be using more than 1 account will now be banned for 1 month. It was previously 1 week. If you are caught again, you will be banned forever and your IP & Email will be banned permanently on this site.
    The Small Print
    Our staff assume members have read the rules and will not accept ignorance as an excuse for not following the them.
    The breaking of any rule WILL lead to you being warned or even banned without notice so don't risk it!