View Poll Results: Should we Remove the Attachment Restriction?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I want to download when I like

6 54.55%
  • No - That's what VIP is for

4 36.36%
  • No - Increase the amount of allowed downloads

0 0%
  • Not Bothered about it

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restricted Downloads

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 1,882 Times in 1,044 Posts

Restricted Downloads

A lot of members are requesting that the download restriction be removed. I wanted to know your thoughts on this. Should we keep it, or remove it?

Vote on the poll and leave a comment if you wish.
    The Small Print
    Our staff assume members have read the rules and will not accept ignorance as an excuse for not following the them.
    The breaking of any rule WILL lead to you being warned or even banned without notice so don't risk it!

Influential Member
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 662 Times in 354 Posts
    before i vote, other than 2 approved posts how restricted are they? never had a problem myself, maybe i need to download more :P

vB Version
    4.2.x
    While in your probationay period you can only download 2 attachments per day.

After that, you can download 10 per day.
    The Small Print
    Our staff assume members have read the rules and will not accept ignorance as an excuse for not following the them.
    The breaking of any rule WILL lead to you being warned or even banned without notice so don't risk it!

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts
    In my opinion, we should download when we want, but in return, we should contribute with a donation for your effort in publishing mods.
    Last edited by chuckyp; 25th Sep 2012 at 20:17.

Influential Member
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 146 Times in 73 Posts
    I think it depends on how self sufficient the site is? If anyone has failed to notice vbulletin-mods.com does not use advertising to pay for the site.

I appreciate a site with NO ads, on the other hand there has to be some sort of income for the site to stay afloat - unless of course Tempus has deep pockets, and is willing to let leechers onto the forum with no restrictions.

If the goal is to generate a self sufficient site, then you must try to have as many donations as possible to pay for hosting, software, and whatever add ons the site uses.

I think the restrictions are fine, if a member truly wants more from the site, they will donate, and if not - they leave.

Influential Member
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 662 Times in 354 Posts
    i agree with the above 2 posts, plus anyone conditionally leeching more than 10 mods a day cant possibly be using them all themselves anyway

On Probation
    vB Version
    4.0.x
    Liked 31 Times in 17 Posts
    Keep it, otherwise you're going to be whoring the bandwidth out to people. Two posts isn't much AT ALL to ask for, even I can manage to make 2 posts that are totally useless. Once they contribute it'll be like a Venus flytrap catching a fly in it's mouth. They'll wind up being stuck because then they'll know that this is the place to go to get mods and help, I think the main goal now though would be donations not only so Tempus could keep the website up but also so that he could get original products and then release them himself.

Influential Member
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 148 Times in 95 Posts
    Well, it's understandable that not everyone here is old enough to have an electronic payment method, (or if they have access to one, such as their parents, their parents feel as it is childish to spend money on this) but we all should be able to contribute in some form or fashion. Yes - I'm one of those who has access to electronic payment through my parents, though I pay them back, I normally spend money on things I'm physically coming in contact with daily, they would not allow me to spend money on a forum, but if there is anyway I could help contribute to the site, please notify me through PM, and I'll get on it.

VIP Member
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I personally think there should be a zone in the Forum, only for VIP members, which should have exclusive downloadable contents premium

vB Version
    4.2.x
    We did have it but I changed it. I need to set something up where VIP get content nobody else can get. It's hard these days as most things are available for free from one place or another.

If you have any ideas about what we can put in there, let me know.
    The Small Print