Thread: Multiple Accounts Detection

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 1,994 Times in 1,081 Posts

Multiple Accounts Detection

Part of our forum rules state you may only have ONE account on the forum as shown here: Using Multiple Accounts.

I am getting the feeling that members on the forum do not believe that we have detection systems in place to monitor the use of multiple accounts. Therefore, I have changed some forum permissions so that everyone can see that we do in fact have these systems in place and they are catching people using multiple accounts.

You can see here that we have multiple reports of members with more than one account.

If you are caught using an additional account, we will delete your new account and place a 7 day ban on your original account. If you then make another account or more, we will delete the new one(s) and ban you for a month. If again, you make a new account, we will permanently ban your original account, delete all your other accounts and add you to our banned list which will prevent you from ever registering on the forum again.
    The Small Print
    Our staff assume members have read the rules and will not accept ignorance as an excuse for not following the them.
    The breaking of any rule WILL lead to you being warned or even banned without notice so don't risk it!

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Update
    All users found to be using more than 1 account will now be banned for 1 month. It was previously 1 week. If you are caught again, you will be banned forever and your IP & Email will be banned permanently on this site.
    The Small Print
    Our staff assume members have read the rules and will not accept ignorance as an excuse for not following the them.
    The breaking of any rule WILL lead to you being warned or even banned without notice so don't risk it!

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    I have to ask this,..
    What if in the situation I got the same IP as with another member and it is not a second or fake account, what is going to happen?
    (as far as I got to know/remember and read, this system is IP-detect-based)

Is there a probability of fearing that I might get my account banned (or not matter the punishment is) if randomly appears that I got "Caught", even if I had no "Multiple Account" logged??

P.S Sorry IF this is posted in a wrong area.
    function `create_signature` takes real `time` user `u` returns `null`
    local real=`time`; loop; exitwhen time==0;
    call DisplayTextToUser(u, 0,0, "Another Fail Signature. Please Try Again."+I2S(time))
    set time=time+1 endloop; endfunction //Simple Jass Signature.

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Only registered members can view quoted posts.
    There should be no reason for you to have the same IP as another member. This is only one system we have in place. If you are flagged, the system then refers to system 2 to carry out checks. If you fail on the second part (the system detects both accounts ARE using the same
    IP) then you will be banned. The easiest way of us knowing is new members register, grab as many mods as their usergroup is allowed, they log out, create a new account and do the same again. So if the system detects 2 IP's that are the same, and the user ID's are 1 or 2 numbers apart, this is around 80% probability that it is multiple accounts. Thats just by me looking at the 2 users. The second system is more advanced that this and uses multiple resources to determins if you are legit or not.
    The Small Print

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    After reading this, there is no fear of loosing this precious account of mine. (Calm)

//To All Reading This, It is safe system, don't fear-out, and don't multi-account!
    function `create_signature` takes real `time` user `u` returns `null`
    local real=`time`; loop; exitwhen time==0;
    call DisplayTextToUser(u, 0,0, "Another Fail Signature. Please Try Again."+I2S(time))
    set time=time+1 endloop; endfunction //Simple Jass Signature.