Thread: Style/Var Editing help.

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts

Style/Var Editing help.

Ok Since I have my server the way I want it, and have a couple days to play with VB 4 Itself, I have a Question...

I was testing Out the User Mail to User Mail Function on the system, and noticed that it SENT the Users E-mail Address by Default in the E-mail, Which I don't like, So Simple Enuff, I searched for the E-mail Phrase in the Languages, and found it and removed it and added my own little bit... Namely:

Code:
    Only registered members can view code.
    BUT in the Message Send (In the Template on the Forum), It Said, Something to the effect that the recipient will receive your E-mail, SO, I did a Search again in Templates found the Variable "{vb:rawphrase using_form_email_available_to_user}", SO Ok, ALL GOOD< Then I search Variable Templates, to Change it, And OK, Not so Good...

Question HOW would I narrow that down to find what I Need??? I'd figure it'd just bring up the actual variable for me to change....

I got it changed, Just deleted the Variable and added my Own text.... BUT, I can still see where the Variable in other situations may need changing.....

And an IDEA for your Forum, Since you have RIght-Click Blocked (But allowed in a Codebox, You might want to allow it in the Message Editor, As 1. I'm a god awful speler, and 2. Cutting pasting code is a pain...

Thanks For the help.

JC

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 1,787 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Are you trying to remove your forums email address so the recipient will not see your forum email?

Also, we do not allow right click anywhere on the forum. We allow highlighting in quote, code boxes but that's it.

Ps. Please start making your threads in the right place. Any help or requests go in this section. Not in Feedback or general chat forums.
    The Small Print
    Our staff assume members have read the rules and will not accept ignorance as an excuse for not following the them.
    The breaking of any rule WILL lead to you being warned or even banned without notice so don't risk it!

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Ok Ya, Wasn't sure as It wasn't an Add-On... NP

Ya, I did, Remove them, Just now trying to determine how to track down the Actual Variable assignment basically for other stuff now, as I just added My own text where the variable was, stating that your Address WILL NOT be shown to the recipient...

As I don't want ANY members E-mail Shown to anyone, That's a decision they should make, not the forum..

And I when I tried to hunt down that variable it came up with like 30 templates that had the variable in it, not what I was looking for which was the actual content of the variable..

JC