View Poll Results: What Do You Want To See More Of?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • vB Mods

14 73.68%
  • vB Styles

7 36.84%
  • vB Tutorials

8 42.11%
  • vB Compatible Scripts

0 0%
  • CodeCanyon Items

3 15.79%
  • ThemeForest Items

2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Want To See More Of On This Site?

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 82 Times in 42 Posts

Only registered members can view quoted posts.
    [/QUOTE]
    I detest those who consistently leech without making a positive contribution to a community. Deciding how to deal with it is indeed a conundrum. Good luck!

I am a refugee from the vBTeam site that was. It attracted me because it had a significant number of active members who contributed positively to the community. Almost all of the lastest mods, styles & versions of vB seemed to be contained within the site and if not, it didn't take long for someone to acquire them. Their ever expanding knowledge base & helpful membership were also quick to assist with the problems of installing, upgrading & administering a vBsite. As one became more experienced with vB then they too often became a valuable contributor.

I guess I'm looking for a replica of the above without having to shell out for my own vB licence & joing their site.
    Last edited by bouncer; 3rd Nov 2012 at 00:50.

Influential Member
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 148 Times in 95 Posts
    I believe we both have a well understanding that vBulletin-Mods is not a very popular site, but as time goes we find new members who prefer to contribute to the community and stay involved in what's going on; such as yourself, for instance. And I believe as long as the staff team, nor active members depart we'll eventually grow and prosper into much more than the current state of being.

Just... Continue to be an active member here, and if you feel as there's someone else you could invite that would be an active member, by all means, go for it! We'd love to have them!

vB Version
    3.8.x
    Liked 693 Times in 407 Posts
    Ok first of all CodeCanyon Items and ThemeForest is a good way of getting kicked out of your host, as it happend to our forum DigitalThirst 3 weeks ago, hosted by HOSGATOR, but we bought the Domain name from a Resseller out of US Restriction,, Still got suspended....... CodeCanyon is in search all the time for their Scripts being used as a Null or not being paid for! And I heard ThemeForest does the same!

I guess nobody thinks about how hard it is to Host these kinda files! vBulletin does not matter in this case as much as ThemeForrest and CodeCanyon! Now if the DMCA get to know about this, then your forum will be Suspended right away without warning! But if the Hosting company sees it, they will only warn you! Now when DMCA gets a report they have a lot more POWER than your HOST! They can close your host even if they have lots of reports! So thats why every host is closing all the DMCA reports! My friends and a forum that I am half partner in got closed 2-3 weeks ago! Here is why, Because of CODECANYON scripts.....

Just so you guys know this in future, this will bring you in deep trouble having codecanyon and Themeforest downloads! Now a good thing will be to not host them in your forum, but only put a link to those kind..

I have a lot to say about this one, but have not much time! But I suggest more VBMODS and Styles on here!

Thanks for opening this thread...
    Last edited by ChiNa; 3rd Nov 2012 at 02:28.
    Notice: Some of the Mods and Addons Published on vBMods are for Testing and Educational purposes only. We/vBMods are not the Developers of these Products.The Credits goes to the Original Developer. If you find it helpfull then feel free to Comment or Share the Link. Be also aware that some of the products may be a Trial Version. To support the Developers feel free to Purchase the Full Version. Thank you.

Influential Member
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 143 Times in 73 Posts
    Just to add to this.

I run an open forum - all my content is open to view/download to anyone who visits. I have tried to force people to contribute/post by allowing access to certain areas upon contribution. I gained a lot of inactive members who "got" what they came for - and chances are they ain't coming back anytime soon.

When I found this site, I donated a little of what I had on hand, posted a bit, but what kept me coming back was the updates. The forum changes all the time, and this is what I think keeps people coming back.

I know it is why I keep coming back. The posts are easy to read, the members are helpful, and the site has a nice look and easy navigation.

vB Version
    4.1.1x
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like most people I would like to see more vBulletin mods

Influential Member
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 148 Times in 95 Posts
    That'd be easily done if we had more members who contributed to vBulletin-Mods than leeched. Most members get their two posts, wait twenty-four hours, then download consistently without ever giving back in return.

Influential Member
    vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 651 Times in 353 Posts
    but we try our best and id say 99% of whats not here gets filled upon request ;)

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    A growing community is the best community. All of the listed options seem great.

Anything that could benefit the site is something I'm definitely on board with, and I'm sure everyone else feels the same way. From past experience, I understand how much of a vital necessity member feedback is. Even though I'm a relatively new member, I'm already quite fond of the site. With everything organized and accompanied by helpful forum members, there isn't much to complain about at this point.

I completely agree.

However, it seems that there isn't much that can be done without upsetting current and potential members; at least nothing that I can think of. If I was to be browsing for material for my site, I would want a site that has downloads that are easily accessible, not a site that requires me to do so much when I may be looking for one, simple thing. Having to do more than making a couple of posts and waiting twenty-four hours would drive away a majority of the people who visit here.

At the same time, there's always the possibility that they may come to enjoy the community after completing what was required of them, and that they may continue to post; all of this is pretty unpredictable. Either way, I support whichever course of action the staff team decides to bring upon the community.
    Last edited by Dystrical; 5th Nov 2012 at 02:21.

vB Version
    4.2.x
    Liked 22 Times in 19 Posts
    More coders who can help code new Mods/ update old ones on this site :)

I'll hopefully be able to update more Mods & add in some more vB4 mods that currently still aren't on this website :)
    Last edited by mark640; 7th Aug 2015 at 15:02.